Every client who selects Ferguson Wellman is in a unique place in his or her investing life and is facing different opportunities and challenges. Ferguson Wellman’s Wealth Management Framework has the flexibility to provide meaningful investment resources suited to address all of our individual and family clients’ needs – today and in the future.
We begin our relationships with clients by becoming acquainted with their investment goals and objectives. These discussions then lead to the creation of their investment policy guidelines. Client receive web or printed quarterly reports that provide an aggregated, comprehensive presentation of their assets. Please visit out Investment Strategies section for more information on the investment vehicles we create, manage and employ in our customized client portfolios.
We encourage clients to meet with their portfolio manager on a quarterly basis to review their assets, answer questions and proactively identify decision-making points clients may face in the short or long term regarding their investments and financial matters.
From there, clients can follow one of two paths. Some will contact us periodically to help them navigate through other financial challenges and opportunities that arise throughout our relationships. Other clients prefer that we guide them through the milestones we anticipate they will face throughout their lives. We call this path our Wealth Management Framework – and all services are included in clients’ fees. Some aspects of this framework include:
- Identifying income needs and optimizing after-tax returns
- Aggregating value of assets and assessing net worth
- Collecting and storing pertinent information in the event of an emergency
- Analysis of large purchases and sales
- Providing timely communication regarding the economy and capital markets
- Offering family members education on savings, investing and retirement
We continually assess and review our best practices for serving individuals and families through our wealth management committee, comprising six Ferguson Wellman professionals who lead monthly discussions on how we are meeting our clients’ needs.
We also work seamlessly with professional partners we can recommend who provide our clients with:
- Estate and tax planning
- Trust services, gifting and charitable vehicle options
- Customized lending and private banking
- Expertise on wealth transition and heritage planning
- Best practices on family businesses and foundations
- About Us
- Individuals and Families
- Consultants and Professionals