Recruiting and hiring at Ferguson Wellman is typically a result of growth, not turnover. In fact, we are pleased that our clients have benefitted from no turnover on our investment team for the past 26 years.
Hiring is driven by our desire to maintain our client-to-employee ratio that helps foster the level of service we provide. If their schedules permit, our professionals are willing to participate in a brief informational interview over the phone or in person about our firm or industry.
If we have any full-time, temporary or internship positions open in the future, they will be posted on this page.
JOB TITLE: Trading Associate
COMPANY: Founded in 1975, Ferguson Wellman Capital Management is a privately owned investment advisory firm established in the Pacific Northwest. With more than 715 clients, Ferguson Wellman manages $4.3 billion in assets that comprise union and corporate retirement plans, endowments and foundations, and portfolios for individuals and families. Our minimum is $3 million. In addition, the firm founded a new division in 2013 named West Bearing Investments that serves clients beginning at $750,000. Ferguson Wellman is an independent, employee-owned firm solely dedicated to investment and wealth management.
POSITION SUMMARY: Ferguson Wellman is looking for an entry level Trading Associate. This position will be responsible for trade settlement, resolving trading issues, and some trading. The qualified candidate will perform a wide range of duties integral to the operation of our firm, including supporting and providing current market information to traders and portfolio managers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Primarily responsible for settlement of trades and resolution of issues and errors
o Work to standardize and automate settlement process
o Establishing relationships with external traders to facilitate communication and execution
o Maintain efforts of desk to build strong portfolio manager and outside brokerage relationships
o Troubleshooting issues with internal and external parties to facilitate resolutions
o Documenting procedures and seeking process improvement
o Assisting with client requests both internal and external
• Detailed oriented, focused, and able to balance multiple tasks and deadlines
• Bachelors Degree in business, finance, or applicable combination of education and experience
• Exceptional computer skills to perform essential functions listed above especially spreadsheets
• Willing to handle routine tasks with strong multi-tasking abilities
• Ability to work in a team environment, to adapt to frequent task changes and work with various personalities smoothly
• Accepts and follows direction and protocol well
• Fundamental understanding of financial industry (stocks, bonds, asset allocation, etc )
• Minimal financial industry experience appreciated but not required
Ferguson Wellman is offering the right person a competitive salary commensurate with experience, exceptional benefits, and profit-sharing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to Robin Freeman at email@example.com.